NWA Intactix Users Group

For users of Intactix software in the NW Arkansas region and beyond

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Any interest in an open source data warehouse?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ryancraig

Number of posts : 1
Company : no affiliation within this context
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Any interest in an open source data warehouse?   Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:14 pm

Good Evening,

I am a data warehouse developer. I am interested in designing and constructing an inventory replenishment data warehouse implementation. I am first interested in writing the ETTL (extraction, transportation, transformation, load) process that will extract, transport, transform, and load Retail Link data into the data warehouse presentation area. This data will be transformed to make it very efficient to analyze and present in reports. Once this data is available in the presentation layer an user may generate adhoc reports, run online OLAP reports, burst reports to other users, etc.

This implementation will make use of only the best of breed open source products (MySQL or PostgreSQL and Pentaho BI Suite) to keep the total cost of ownership to a minimum. My plan is to provide this implementation to users free of charge as an open source project. If a user (business) needs support, further development of new reports, integration of other 3rd party data she should be able to find resources in the area to help with these efforts for reasonable fees.

If anyone is interested in this project please let me know. You can email me at ryancraig78676@yahoo.com. I will not initiate this project if I do not have any interest because I am not interested in developing "shelfware". My primary goal is to construct a product with immediate business value that can grow and change with the user community needs.

If I do get any positive feedback about this data warehouse project I will initiate it. I will need some help with the source data definitions so that I can begin documenting the ETTL and target data model requirements and specifications for review by the interested community.

Regards,

Ryan Craig
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Any interest in an open source data warehouse?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1